Fibromyalgia Fog Journal

Google

Monday, March 14, 2005

Introduction

Hi, my name is Moe.

I am a married 48 year old woman with 2 daughters.

About 7-9 years ago
I came down with an illness that was first diagnosed as mononucleosis, then chronic fatigue and finally fibromyalgia. It has not improved so it seems I am stuck with it for the rest of my life.

I was unconscious for two years. My husband tried to wake me up to eat and I was able to make it to the bathroom but besides that I slept.

Obviously, I was out of work for a long time. My boss was absolutely wonderful and when I finally went back to work it was for part time, only. I got to choose my own hours, I could leave when I needed to and it was okay if I needed to take a week off, here and there, when I had Fibro Flares.

Unfortunately, she moved on and my flexible schedule did not fit into the work style of the person who took over her position.

In addition, I have just been diagnosed with a brain tumor that is wrapped around my trigeminal nerve.

I am in constant pain, on lots of meds and have applied for disability. I am hoping I get approved before I have to declare bankruptcy.


I have found my disabilities have provided great learning experiences. Some of the things I have learned are:
  • empathy for others,
  • an appreciation of the fragility of health,
  • the intolerance of the ignorant,
  • how wonderful family & friends can be,
  • how easy it is to be forgotten,
  • and the strength those with disabilities can display.
One wise disabled lady I know said to me,
"We should not be referred to as 'disabled'.
Those who are not disabled should be referred to as`temporarily-abled'. At some time in our lives we are all disabled."

The reason I am starting this is to keep a journal of my thoughts and feelings over time. Maybe if I keep track of things I will be able to match my Fibro Flares to something I am experiencing. If I find a correlation, maybe I can find a way to reduce them.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home