Fibromyalgia Fog Journal

Google

Monday, March 14, 2005

My Day 3-14-05

  • Pain: Mostly trigeminal nerve pain, but I wonder if the severity of the TN pain is masking the FM pain the way the pain from hitting one's thumb with a hammer might seem less when one stubs one's toe. The FM pain is bad enough that I need to use a cane to walk.
  • Brain Fog: Cannot follow conversations. Speech is slurred. Hard to find words. Use wrong words.
  • Depression?: Got the neuropsycologist report back from when I had been tested several weeks ago. That day I had been so wound up. I rambled on and on. I wanted to tell her everything quickly before I forgot. I had taken a Ritalin that morning so I would be able to stay awake during the exam. I take them so infrequently I was almost racing. I had no clue what a neuropsycologist did. I expressed myself all wrong. She thinks I am a slacker who just wants to get out of working. I do not blame her. That day I would thought I was nuts, too.
Was the neuropsycologist right? Was I a slacker? I set out to prove her right. I will start of slowly. I will strive to add and complete a few more chores everyday. If she is right maybe I could go back to work. If I can I am sure I would make more money than I would get from SSD.

This is my new goal.

~~~

"The celebrated Galen said that employment was nature's physician.
It is indeed so important to happiness that indolence is justly considered the parent of misery."

C. C. Colton

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home