Fibromyalgia Fog Journal

Google

Monday, October 17, 2005

Two & one half hours!

Well, my moment of clarity and freedom from pain lasted from 8:00 am until 10:30am. Two and one half hours!

Then I went into almost a week of fog and pain. Communication of any kind was difficult. During this week, my ability to communicate was terrible. Sometimes I could see people trying to talk to me. I could see their mouths moving and I heard sounds coming out but the sounds they made did not make sense. Most did not seem like words at all. Every once in a while a familiar sound would be spoken and I thought of it as a real word but then the rest made no sense.

Why was I pain free and coherent for two and a half hours?
Maybe it was so I could say hello to my family.
Maybe it was to tease me. Show me a glimpse of my past self.

Why did the pain and fog come back after 2 ½ hours?
I took no medicines. I wanted the lucidity to last as long as possible. This would explain why the pain came back but what about the fog? Clearly the fog is not caused simply by the medication.

I hope this made sense. I am still quite foggy.

~~~
The question is,’ said Alice, ‘whether you can make words mean so many different things’”
(Lewis Carroll).

“No one means all he says, and yet very few say all they mean, for words are slippery and thought is viscous”
(Henry Adams).

The true mystery of the world is the visible, not the invisible.
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science.

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)


The creator of the universe works in mysterious ways. But he uses a base ten counting system and likes round numbers.

Scott Adams (1957 - )

It is better to obey the mysterious direction, without any fuss, when it points to a new road, however strange that road may be. There is probably as much reason for it, if the truth were known, as for anything else.
H. M. Tomlinson


1 Comments:

  • Hi, I am a chiropractor who works with fibro suffers. They often feel as if they are ignored and falling through the cracks. I started a blog site: http://www.fibromyalgiasuccessstories.blogspot.com to encourage positive thought. Please feel free to join in. My email is listed there, as well.
    Dr. Lisa

    By Blogger Lisa Ann Homic, M.Ed. D.C., at 6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home