My Day 10-2-05
Slept terribly. Then, when I wanted to be awake to watch CBS Sunday Morning, I kept fading in and out so I only caught pieces of each section.
Youngest is doing better. Her fever broke and she is requiring less care.
- Headache, Terrible level 6 –8.
- Muscle – tender points, arms legs, neck, legs, arms. All over. Level fluctuates between a 6 and 8.
- Sensory – Wearing ear plugs and sunglasses in the house. There is a cricket outside that is chirping at just the wrong pitch. The ringing in my ears has really gotten bad. Level 8.
Cognitive: I thought I was doing okay until my eldest got home from meeting and we tried to have a conversation. Using wrong words, stuttering, forget what I was saying in mid sentence. I finally just let her talk and I listened. Level 7.
Dizzy: Not as bad as yesterday. Level teetering between 3 and 4.
Took a nap from 3pm to 5pm. A 2 hour nap and still had a hard time getting out of bed. I had awakened with a start several times during the nap.
Made baked chicken, baked potatoes and corn for dinner.
- Headache, Still terrible even after a nap. Level 6 –7.
- Muscle – tender points, arms legs, neck, legs, arms. All over. Level 7.
- Sensory – No longer wearing ear plugs and sunglasses in the house. The ringing in my ears is a little better. Level 6.
- TN – Much worse than this morning, especially when I bend over. Level 5.
Weakness: Weakness in my legs and arms quite bad. Standing up to make dinner was very difficult. I had to find ways to work without putting a strain on my legs, such as resting one foot and then the other on a stepping stool and I sat down between activities as much as I could. Level7
- Hard to follow some of the dinner conversation and a show we watched after dinner.
- My youngest swears that I had given her permission to do something. For the life of me I cannot remember doing so. My husband told me I had let her do it several times before, but since I am the parent I could make a new rule. It was rather frightening. I really do not remember her ever doing it before.
- The good news is I did not stutter. I did say the wrong word several times but the word I said instead sounded similar so that is a big improvement.
Dizzy: Better than this morning. I did get a bit woozy a few times but that did not last to very long. Level 3
The weather was absolutely beautiful today. A much better than average day.
"It was one of those perfect English autumnal days
which occur more frequently in memory than in life."
P. D. James