Fibromyalgia Fog Journal

Google

Sunday, October 02, 2005

My Day 10-2-05

MORNING

Slept terribly. Then, when I wanted to be awake to watch CBS Sunday Morning, I kept fading in and out so I only caught pieces of each section.

Youngest is doing better. Her fever broke and she is requiring less care.

Pain:
  • Headache, Terrible level 6 –8.
  • Muscle – tender points, arms legs, neck, legs, arms. All over. Level fluctuates between a 6 and 8.
  • Sensory – Wearing ear plugs and sunglasses in the house. There is a cricket outside that is chirping at just the wrong pitch. The ringing in my ears has really gotten bad. Level 8.
Weakness: Lately I have been feeling really weak in my legs and arms. I cannot stand for to long. Anything that requires standing I have to do for short periods of time and then rest before continuing. Level7

Cognitive: I thought I was doing okay until my eldest got home from meeting and we tried to have a conversation. Using wrong words, stuttering, forget what I was saying in mid sentence. I finally just let her talk and I listened. Level 7.

Dizzy: Not as bad as yesterday. Level teetering between 3 and 4.

EVENING

Took a nap from 3pm to 5pm. A 2 hour nap and still had a hard time getting out of bed. I had awakened with a start several times during the nap.

Made baked chicken, baked potatoes and corn for dinner.

Pain:

  • Headache, Still terrible even after a nap. Level 6 –7.
  • Muscle – tender points, arms legs, neck, legs, arms. All over. Level 7.
  • Sensory – No longer wearing ear plugs and sunglasses in the house. The ringing in my ears is a little better. Level 6.
  • TN – Much worse than this morning, especially when I bend over. Level 5.

Weakness: Weakness in my legs and arms quite bad. Standing up to make dinner was very difficult. I had to find ways to work without putting a strain on my legs, such as resting one foot and then the other on a stepping stool and I sat down between activities as much as I could. Level7

Cognitive:

  • Hard to follow some of the dinner conversation and a show we watched after dinner.
  • My youngest swears that I had given her permission to do something. For the life of me I cannot remember doing so. My husband told me I had let her do it several times before, but since I am the parent I could make a new rule. It was rather frightening. I really do not remember her ever doing it before.
  • The good news is I did not stutter. I did say the wrong word several times but the word I said instead sounded similar so that is a big improvement.

Dizzy: Better than this morning. I did get a bit woozy a few times but that did not last to very long. Level 3

The weather was absolutely beautiful today. A much better than average day.

~~~
"It was one of those perfect English autumnal days
which occur more frequently in memory than in life."
P. D. James

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home