Fibromyalgia Fog Journal

Google

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

My Day 3-16-05

I went to physical therapy today. I have to go 3 times a weeks because I really messed up my arm last June when I fell. I fell because of FM.

The reason I fell is because some of the symptoms of FM are:


GENERAL NEUROLOGICAL
  • Lightheadedness; feeling "spaced out"
  • Sensation that you might faint
  • Vertigo or dizziness
  • Numbness or tingling sensations

EQUILIBRIUM/PERCEPTION

  • Feeling spatially disoriented
  • Dysequilibrium (balance difficulty)
  • Staggering gait (clumsy walking; bumping into things)
  • Dropping things frequently
  • Difficulty judging distances (e.g. when driving; placing objects on surfaces)
  • "Not quite seeing" what you are looking at
Sometimes I have the sensation that I don’t know where my body is in space and I get very dizzy. This has caused me to fall or hit against walls several times. In fact, last June this condition resulted in the dislocation of my shoulder. The bone pressed on the nerves for 12 hours and I ended up with really bad nerve damage. I go to PT to get the use of my arm back. (By the way, the pain is horrible!)

I am always exhausted after PT so I have no choice but to sleep for the rest of the day.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home